This week had been eventful. A week which somehow led to quite a bit of tears. So many things just happened in a week and how things just went by in a flash. My boss was in town and I had to help her settle into to office as she will be here for quite a while. My file server went down and managed to fixed it yesterday evening until quite late in the evening. Felt guilty for neglecting the kids. When I reached home, the kids are already sound asleep.
During the middle of the week, my mother in law fell down twice when she came over to my place to visit the children. Somehow, I felt very bad as I promised Amy to look after her. To make things worst, my mum told me that she fell because she wanted to buy some stuff for the children. Thank God nothing serious happened other than couple of bruises.
The reason for mentioning my boss that is in town is because during the general staff meeting, she read a letter that my company founder wrote to a dear friend who is dying. She mentioned that eventhough they will soon be separated by separate realm there are others who will meet him over there by the shore. After that she mentioned about me and my colleague who lost her husband exactly one month after Amy passed on. The letter hit me quite badly. It is because of the word "Shore". During the week, i was clearing up some books which belongs to Amy and in her bible there is song sheet, of a hymn by Sanford F Bennett and music by Joseph P Webster. The hymn was written in 1868. I remembered singing this hymn together with Amy sometime ago. The chorus of the lyrics goes like this " In the sweet by and by, We shall meet on that beautiful shore; In the sweet by and by, We shall meet on that beautiful shore. Amy's voice suddenly came to my mind and the image of then when she was crying in my arm.... saying "Dear I will meet you there at that beautiful shore."Just made me sad. I know it is not possible for the dead to communicate and this is only memories. But I remembered praying that when my time comes, I hope that Amy will be with Jesus to welcome me home.
Watching the Korean tv drama serial "Daughter In Law" also brought back so many beautiful memories of my courtship days and the honeymoon years of marriage life with Amy. I will definitely share to Isaac & Kate when they are older.
It hasn't been easy trying to juggle my role as a servant of God, a father, a son, a son in law, a mother as well as a husband who had lost his wife. Sometimes I wish to give up but seeing these two little "mushroom heads" whose so often brought joy to my life just makes me have that energy to spur on.
Having thought about Amy and how she faces death really worries me. I am not ready. Moreover with cancer which may drag on the time of meeting your creator. I salute you my dear wifey for your bravery. I believed this verse had helped her in her journey. " For God hath not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a strong mind."2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV)
I salute you Amy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment