Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Walking in the Spirit vs Walking in the Flesh

I am sure everyone who loves the Lord wants to do things to please the Lord. I am no difference. Imagine how the word of the Lord can be such a bondage to me as Satan keeps me focusing on Gal. 5:19-21. Preachers along the way justifying their messages to keep the brethren in the faith does not help either. The end of verse 21 where is says for those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Does it mean that when even the simplest of sin like envy will not even allow us to get into heaven. I used to think i need to tell myself not to fall in any of the categories so that I can live a righteous and God fearing life. Or rather is this truly what the scripture is telling us. Contextually, it is about walking life with the spirit guidance and not the fulfilling the desire of the flesh. Gal 5:16 states it very clearly.

Gal 5:13 addresses that we do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh. Do bear in mind that that if truly we continue walking in the flesh, our Lord Jesus Christ death will be of no use.

Therefore walk in the Spirit and let v.22-24 be the results of righteous living. Amen

No comments: