Saturday, October 27, 2012

Oh You of little faith!

Oh! You of little faith

Hardly I read about Jesus's admonitions of his disciples other than His favorite "Oh, ye of little faith." Indeed as I recall the words of my Lord, I am also like the disciples. The disciples had seen the Lord, seen his miracles, walk with Him, talk with Him, eat with him... yet the Lord Jesus often say that they are of little faith. Having mentioned that, after the resurrection of Jesus, they are still without much faith and a typical example was Thomas. The Lord would have to show him His hands before he actually believe that Jesus had resurrected.

As I walk through my past years without my confidante Amy, having no one to really talk to and confide upon. (Parents just do not understand). The only way is upwards. To speak to the Lord, praying, crying out to him for comfort and help.

The Lord had been faithful but I am of little faith. Ever like the disciples. Nevertheless, in spite of my faithless, doubts, Abba had been faithful.

My journey with the Lord, the Holy Spirit had been very interesting. Ever since I have been meditating on the verse in Hebrew 4:11 "Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief"., I have seen the hand of God at work. Praying in the spirit for rest lest i fall into sin of unbelief (other version). My favorite verse which is 1 Peter 5:7 " Cast all your cares upon Him for He cares for you". It supports the verse in Hebrew 4:11 for if God the Father really cares then why should i toil. Matthew 11:28-30 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Christ himself says that His yoke is light and learn of Him and he will give me rest.

I have been too stress to rest these couple of weeks but the Holy Spirit within me is hard at work reminding me of labouring into rest. I was basically worried about being lonely and not being able to find someone to walk with me for the remaining of my life. Secondly, i was worried about my work project. Timeline is tight. This is the 3rd company IT infrastructure setup that I have done within 2 years in my company.

Lo and behold, before going to church tomorrow, the Spirit of God prompted me and reminded me of God's faithfulness in the my life. So here am I blogging. As I blog, it reminded me of his faithfulness even though i am of little faith.

He has been faithful because of His Love for me. I Love because He first Love me. 1 John 4:19.
The spirit of God spoke to me that I don't have to fear that I do not have a partner. God will take care of it. Because of these words, i have been having peace for the past two months. I have been trying by taking too much initiative by talking to people, trying social media, chatting, researching on online matchmaking but in the end I find these things without peace. So praise be to the Holy Lamb of God on High, i decided to give up and rest. :)

In the words of the song by Bob Marley "No women no cry." Indeed. :) I have cried enough. :) So far two women made me cried. I shall not mentioned names but it is alright. I have gotten over both and enjoy my peace and not really waiting for the Lord for the Lord shall decide and I will just walk along.

As for work, all praise have to be given to God. My project in Vietnam both in Ho Chi Minh and Hanoi has never been more successful if God had not been the project manager. Remember the words of my uncle Samuel, he said 99.999% is never in our control and that 0.001% maybe is but still we need the Lord. Mind you, he is a black belt holder for six sigma. So much humility from a man who done so much major project.

Time and time again, i have been praying for the past 2 years for God's intervention in my project work. Timing and dateline has often been changed from my headquarter in Japan. Unforeseen circumstances like equipments delay that is beyond my controls to a foreign land is just not something i really enjoy. That is for Ho Chi Minh.

As for Hanoi, tight deadline from my Vietnam office management and I being the main project manager was even more challenging. I remembered that I was answering phone call and communicating to my colleague in Singapore when I was holidaying in Taiwan. My instructions was not followed in Vietnam and when I came back to Singapore after the trip, I have to clean up the mess. The setup was across Chinese New Year and the Vietnamese wants to enjoy their holiday so my vendors actually told me that they will be 10 days of no work and the deadline is 2 days after they come back to work. Should i say Hallelujah! Praise the Lord and they are going to disappear. I cannot say no and can only pray in the spirit and rest. How to rest? Can someone tell me? I just prayed and went by faith. My subordinate cannot rest and keeps worrying. Surprisingly, I did say Hallelujah and told my staff that don't worry everything will be fine. :) I can still remember that look on his face like, Duh! is this manager crazy or what? I have more faith in this living God than any human creature alive on the face of the earth. (Actually just that little faith....)
Indeed after the holiday, the vendor came back to office and fixed the issue and all was done. I look at my colleague and smile and says all is well. You can do closing now. And of course telling him that the solution was prayer. To GOD Be the Glory, great things he had done.

Now I am back to a even more challenging situation in Indonesia. A project with multiple vendors, multi facets issues and no main project coordinator. I am only a project lead for this but have to cover for the sub project manager who is my boss. :( Anyway, all being said, I had a good time of praising the Lord for the past two Sundays. One for praise and worship and a reminder the talk to the Rock just like Moses was told to speak to the Rock the second time when the Jews had no water to drink. Unfortunately, he did not and hit the rock. So my pastor was reminding us to speak to the Rock because the first time, the price had been paid when Jesus was hit, so Moses should not hit a second time. Last Sunday message was also about rest and a reminder to rest. So God is faithful when I am not. I just have to learn not to worry and put everything at Jesus's feet and rest.


All been said, I shall praise His Holy name, the name of Jesus which all kneels shall bow. And say a Big Thank You to Abba for what is the come, and most importantly the rest and peace which i so needed.

Shalom.





 

No comments: