Saturday, November 10, 2012

Companionship

Companionship

I just came back from Indonesia. I was away from the 6th to the 9th Nov. 10 Nov 2012, my two minions decided to sleep with me in the room. As I prepare both of them to bed, Kate needed worship songs to be played before falling asleep. So after praying and letting the music play, they slowly fade into a peaceful night rest.

As I lay nearby looking at these two beautiful little ones, I felt so lonely. Started a conversation with the Lord, talking to him that eventhough, I have Him and the two children, sometimes the loneliness can be quite tormenting. Eventhough my prayer life have been better ever since Amy passed on and somehow praying in the Spirit helps getting me closer to God. Nevertheless, it is more like two way communication with the absence of vocal reply. I will not say that God don't answers me, but often time He answers by situation or by signs and situations that showing me that He heard my prayers.

I have decided to blog because this verse came after my little grumble to Abba. "Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him." Genesis 2:18 (NLT). As I am mediating on what the verse says, it is not good for man to be alone. There must be a reason why. As i think more about it, indeed, i see the picture. Man is bad social creature, whether he is a sweet talker, a serious fellow like me, a macho man, once he is alone, sadly it is no good. Ask yourself why beer sells well? Why KTV is so popular? Why affairs happen? Why man look for ladies or even other man? Why man prefers smoking and talking with guys who smokes?  I think i found the answer, the lack of companionship. There is so much saddness when guys are left alone but it seems only God knows. Boy, I really felt lonely, bottling up so much things ,praying and hoping God will send someone whom I can really confide in and share my life and willing to walk along side me without any condemnation and judgement.

As I look back, I thank God that Amy was someone who stand by me. Whether I am right or wrong, she will stand by her man, only gently correcting him but never condemning him. I think for a marriage to stand, this is an important factor. The guy will automatically reciprocate with love. This deeper love relationship will not come easy unless both the husband and wife choose to make a commitment to each other, communicate without condemnation and judgement. The husband role is to lead and guide, the wife role is to support. It is already God instituted and nothing can change it.

Therefore I believe the triune God knows it before the woman was created and says it in Genesis. It is not good for man to be alone. He needs a helper. (not a boyfriend, a mistress, a lady of the night, some drinking/smoking buddies, gangs or soccer buddies, beer...) in the end, it is the man's helper(a wife/companion). Frankly, i cannot agree with folks who think that man and woman need to live separate individual lives. If friends, work and personal activities is of higher importance than your partner then don't get married. I give my time to Amy in the past as well as to church and I am proud to say that I never regreted a single bit. I have her and she have me. I am not saying 100% together everywhere we go but we make a point to give time for each other. A simple maths calculation in a day will get one to understand. A individual spend avg. 6-8 hrs to sleep. You are left with about 16-18 hrs a day. Deduct work of 8-10 hrs, that leave one with 6-8 hrs. What do you do with this 6-8 hrs? With friends?, doing groceries?, looking after kids? helping kids with school work? Transport to and fro from work and home and vice virsa? I did not factor business trip or work function and even church activities. Just by sleeping next to each other at night and making love does not make a relationship grows, iron need to sharpen iron. So my simple maths will still be 1+1=1 or for the ultra religious, 1+1=3. I prefer the first equation as it is more human.

I do pray that Kate will grow up to be a lady like her mom and find a good man that is willing to sacrifice for her. And also Isaac will learn to find a wife and also be a good husband to his wife, loving her just as how Christ loves his church. (To be sacrificial to his partner and giving his all to her.)

Ok, got to sleep, going to church to praise my Lord tomorrow.

Shalom.


 

No comments: